Labels

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Royal Engagement Angers Nation's 20-Something Men

Share

God dammit, now my girlfriend keeps dropping hints.
Prince William, future king and future manwife of Kate Middleton (plebeian), has raised the ire of a generation - A generation of men trapped in long-term relationships, now stripped of hope, now doomed to a slow decline into matrimony.

"I didn't think he'd go through with it, and when they broke up, I'd have dumped mine too in the confusion". Brian Smacks, 27, vowed  bloody vengeance against the monarch-to-be in an impassioned, impromptu pub lunch address that hit YouTube earlier today. It has received over 6 hits in three hours, leading to some pundits to question whether this is the beginning of a serious revolutionary movement. Brian continued "I swear to god, my missus sent me a link to the story this morning. A link. What the hell am I supposed to make of that?"

Protests have begun already, with several organisations vowing to march on London. One group, formed in opposition to Prince William's casual disregard for his position as a 20-something mens' moral leader, the Society for Trapped, Angry Guys, has taken a firm line.

"We won't stand for it. I mean, she's not bad, not my type, but not bad, but what did he think he was doing? I prefer Asians, myself." an anonymous member of the radical group claimed today.

Despite 20-something men across Britain avoiding eye-contact with their inevitable fiances today, allegedly afeared for their freedom, the Palace was resolute. During a hastily organised press event this evening, a spokesman for Prince William addressed the groups' concerns.

"Save yourselves men. It was too late for the young master, but you still have a chance. Run. Run!"

Not everyone has condemned the Prince's actions, however. Stacie Pitch, 23, declared loudly in the cafeteria today that she, and others, were in favour of the arrangement.

"He's so cute. Oh. And they look great together. He proposed on holiday, in Africa, and with his mother's ring, that's Princess Diana. Oh. It's so romantic."

But what do women know?

More on this story as it breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment